As a bodybuilder, it’s easy for me to get stuck in my usual workout routines. Go to the gym, lift heavy things, rinse, repeat. So when I have the opportunity to try something new, it’s always exciting for me!
Boxing and MMA style workouts are super popular right now – I’m sure you heard about the exciting recent MMA fight between Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm, right? These types of workouts are fun to do, require minimal equipment, and are an example of functional integrated training, or F.I.T., which means that the movements are the kind you might use throughout your daily life!
So today I’m partnering with Everlast FIT to bring you a strength and conditioning workout using:
- Cardio Fitness Training Bag: super easy to assemble and has a two-part base that you fill with water to weigh it down
- FIT Powercore Bag: comes in 20 lb. or 30 lb. options and has five different handles so you can perform TONS of exercises
- Universal FIT Gloves: padded knuckles and adjustable wrist straps give you protection and a perfect fit
Now that you know about the gear, let’s get started with the Holiday Stress TKO Workout! First, let’s make sure to warm up fully to prevent injury.
- 60 sec. boxing shuffle
- 30 sec. fast punching with training bag and gloves (if you don’t have a bag, you can shadow box!)
- 60 sec. jumping jacks
- 30 sec. fast punching with training bag
Now that you’re warmed up, you can begin the strength portion of the workout.
The workout: complete at least THREE ROUNDS of each of the following exercises.
- 20x front squat (legs, quad focused)
- 20x situp and press (core and shoulders)
- 20x back squat (legs and glutes)
- 20x stiff legged deadlift (hamstrings and glutes)
- 20x bent over row (back)
I hope you enjoy this functional training workout, and happy stress-busting! You can purchase all of the items I used for this workout at Everlast.com, and even better, with code FitFluential you’ll get 15% off ANYTHING on the site. The 15% off code expires January 7, 2016, so get shoppin’!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Everlast FIT.
Hey fit fam! Want a weekly email update on only my new fitness posts? Click here.