Delicious gluten free recipes are getting easier and easier to find, and many times you can’t even tell they’re gluten free recipes when you taste them. Hallelujah!
As a Krusteaz ambassador, I get to experiment all the time with Krusteaz baking mixes and one happy Sunday morning my experiment resulted in this Gluten Free Blueberry Coffeecake with Blueberry Compote. Scrumptious!
It’s moist, flavorful and sings of blueberries!
I used a box of Krusteaz Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Mix. It’s prepared as directed, but save the blueberries for the blueberry compote topping.
Half of the batter goes into a pie pan.
Pour 1/2 cup of blueberry compote over that, and swirl it in with a knife. The rest of batter is next, then another 1/2 cup of the compote goes over the top.
All that’s left to do is bake, flip and top with the remaining blueberry compote!
- 1 package Krusteaz Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Mix
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 can blueberries, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8” or 9” pie pan.
- In large bowl, combine muffin mix, milk, sour cream, eggs and lemon zest until ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in rinsed blueberries from the package. Pour half of batter into prepared pie pan.
- Spread ½ cup of the fresh blueberry compote, see recipe below, over the batter. Use a knife to swirl into the batter slightly.
- Spread remaining muffin mix over the top, and then another ½ cup of the fresh blueberry compote. Swirl in as desired.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden and tests done. Let cool 10 minutes; flip over onto serving plate. Let cool completely. Spoon remainder of fresh blueberry compote over the top prior to serving.
- Heat ingredients in a saucepan on stove over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble. Once bubbling, mash the berries and continue to cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool.
The coffeecake is perfect for a brunch menu or special weekend breakfast. Enjoy!
Visit Krusteaz for more recipe ideas!