As a Krusteaz ambassador, I get to play with the line of delicious Krusteaz mixes and turn them into anything my heart desires and my tummy craves. Twisting a cookie, muffin or pancake mix into a new idea is so much fun. I love it!
My latest creation is Apple Cider Pancakes with Apple Crumble Topping, and if you’re looking for something to wow your guests, this is it. It’s every bit as delicious (if not more) as fancy restaurant pancakes, but the apple crumble topping gives it a homey, comforting flavor.
It’s easy to make too. Start with a box of Krusteaz Crisp Topping Mix, and prepare it as directed using apple pie filling.
It’s going to be awfully tempting to dig into that with a spoon when it comes out of the oven, but whoa now. It’s not time to eat yet!
Next, you need to make a stack of fluffy Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancakes using apple cider instead of water. Yummy, right?
Wait, it gets even better.
Grab a big spoonful of the apple crumble and put it right on top of the pancakes. If you like maple syrup and whipped topping, you can add that too. (I did!)
Now you can eat! The comforting flavor and taste of the hot crumble and pancakes will warm your insides and soothe your soul.
Apple Cider Pancakes with Apple Crumble Topping
Apple Crisp Topping
- 1 package Krusteaz Crisp Topping Mix prepared as directed
- 1 can 21 ounce apple pie filling
- 2 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups pasteurized apple cider or apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation butter flavor
- Maple syrup
- Whipped topping
Apple Crisp Topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 8x8x2-inch pan with cooking spray. Pour apple pie filling into bottom. Sprinkle prepared Krusteaz Crisp Topping evenly over apples. Bake for 40 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix ingredients together. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Cook pancakes as directed. Spoon apple crisp topping over top of pancake stack, or layer between pancakes as desired. Pour on maple syrup and add a dollop of whipped topping.