I was so delighted to be asked by Elizabeth, the creator of the new Tend-A-Tot, to do a review and giveaway on her new stylish and fun multi-purpose baby bag/tote. When I say multi-purpose, I MEAN it. It can flip and flop and turn itself around and inside out to keep coming up with new ways of being used. It’s the coolest thing!
The Tend-A-Tot is a 6-in-1 tote, created from the need to satisfy and nurture the baby while still being mobile. The versatility of the Tend-A-Tot is what makes it so wonderful. For example:
Premiere line- Quilted washable cotton blend (pictured above)
Urban line – Sophisticated, subtle tones
Elite line – Elegant, trendy, w/ a bit of flash
My review in a nutshell:
Pros: The versatility can’t be beat. The shoulder strap pad is fantastic, and the pillow for the child’s seating comfort is equally well padded. The pockets close with velcro and open to the side, which I really liked since the Tend-A-Tot is designed to be used in so many different positions. The buckle safety straps are snug and secure. I also love the fact that there are pouches, pockets, and zippered compartments all over the place for storage.
Cons: It’s a little confusing at first figuring out how to flip it all around in order to utilize all the functions. However, there is a diagram included which helps to explain it, and there’s a terrific youtube video (which I’ve included in this post) that is very helpful. The price might not fit all budgets, but the 10% discount offered with this review is a great savings!
Overall: It’s a very well made and well thought out product which will serve so many purposes that the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Thumbs up from the nutshell!
Buy It: Tend-A-Tots are available in one of a kind designs directly through the website for the introductory price of $259 for the Premiere line. Plus, in conjunction with this review, Tend-A-Tot is offering an additional 10% off of your purchase with the code nutshell. (Now’s the time too because you’ll receive 25 extra entries in this giveaway!)
Win It: Tend-A-Tot has been kind enough to allow one of my readers the opportunity to win a Tend-A-Tot Premiere in your choice of fabric design.
Giveaway Rules: Read Carefully!
HOW TO ENTER:
Visit Tend-A-Tot , look through the Premiere line, and come back and leave a comment with your favorite Tend-A-Tot fabric design. Choose carefully because the one you pick is the one you will receive if you win. (Make sure you’re choosing from the Premiere line only)
(This is REQUIRED in order to enter. After completing this step, you may do any of the extra entries) (If you do not have an email visible in your profile, you MUST leave an email with your comments in order to win.)
Extra Entry Options: ( I will be verifying everything so please follow the rules carefully)
1. Follow my blog publicly via google friend connect (I must be able to see your profile pic. Check to be sure) – 1 entry
2. Subscribe by email and confirm the subscription (Leave the email you subscribed with in your comment) – 1 entry
3. Follow me and Tend-A-Tot on twitter and tweet the following message: (can be done once daily-leave direct url to the tweet) :
RT @blueviolet Enter to win the Tend-A-Tot 6-in-1 baby bag/tote giveaway! Versatile, unique and functional! Please RT! http://bit.ly/14wy0B
4. Add my blog to your Technorati favorites (leave username) – 1 entry
5. Add my blog url to your blog roll (leave link so I can check) – 2 entries (leave 2 comments)
6. Add my button to your blog (leave link so I can check) – 2 entries (leave 2 comments)
7. Blog this giveaway linking to the sponsor and to my blog – 3 entries (leave 3 comments)
8. Make a purchase from Tend-A-Tot (10% discount with code: nutshell) during the time of this giveaway – 25 entries (I will add the entries for you on this one)
You have until 10pm EST on August 11, 2009 to enter. 1 lucky winner will be randomly selected. I will email the winner and post the name here. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to the notification email or a new winner will be chosen. Open to US residents only. Good luck!