Y’all are going to love this quick and easy recipe for Betty Lou’s Fruit Bars with Mixed Berry Compote! This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Betty Lou’s, Inc., but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #BettyLousAtWalmart http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
All the goodness of pie without the work!
Have you tried Betty Lou’s Fruit Bars yet? They’re available at Walmart and they come in blackberry, blueberry, cherry, and apple and taste just like pie!
They’re gluten-free, vegan, have no GMOs and contain none of the 8 major food allergens identified by the FDA. Plus, all sugars come from natural fruit and fruit juice!
I knew the instant I tasted them that they’d make an easy but impressive spring and summer dessert paired with a mixed berry compote and a dollop of whipped cream.
To make the mixed berry compote, heat butter, sugar, berries and lemon zest in a saucepan until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Then bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Add lemon juice and cornstarch and cook a bit longer. It’ll turn into a nice shiny sauce. The mixed berry compote can be served warm or cold.
Put several spoonfuls in each dessert dish and add chunks of Betty Lou’s fruit bars on top, then add another spoonful of sauce.
Finish with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of the fruit sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
Pin the Betty Lou’s Fruit Bars with Mixed Berry Compote recipe!
Betty Lou's Fruit Bars with Mixed Berry Compote
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cup mixed berries
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 4 Betty Lou's fruit bars, cut into fourths I used blueberry, cherry and blackberry
- Add butter, sugar and lemon zest to saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter melts and sugar is dissolved.
- Add berries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Mix together cornstarch and lemon juice to form paste. Cook and stir another 2 minutes.
- Spoon an equal amount of fruit compote into four dessert dishes, reserving a bit for garnishing. Place four sections of Betty Lou's fruit bars (in various flavors or just one) on top of fruit compote and spoon a bit of mixed berry compote over the top along with a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with a drizzle of fruit compote.