This post is sponsored by HONEY MAID®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Everyone loves s’mores—a yummy summer tradition that never gets old. So many laughs around the campfire with family and friends as we all lick our sticky chocolate and marshmallow-coated fingers.
Although the traditional s’mores recipe is positively scrumptious, it’s always fun to try something new. This fun and tasty Black and White S’mores recipe takes the black and white cookie and gives it a s’mores-y twist. Delectable!
What Makes This Recipe Special
- It’s an ooey-gooey version of a black and white cookie!
- Simple and easy summer dessert recipe. The black and white tops can be made in advance.
- It’s perfect for family get-togethers: everyone can make their own.
- The extra chocolatey goodness in the graham crackers amps up the flavor.
The Essential Ingredients
- Graham Crackers – The key to black and white s’mores is a double dose of chocolatey goodness and you get that in Chocolate HONEY MAID® Grahams. which you’ll find at Publix. Use this coupon to save at Publix! For a fun twist, you can substitute chocolate grahams with honey or cinnamon!
- White chocolate – White baking chips work perfectly. You could also use white baking melts.
- Marshmallows – Get the big jumbo ones.
- Chocolate – The classic semi-sweet chocolate bar is perfect for s’mores.
Step 1: Melt some white chocolate chips in the microwave (slowly at 50% power, stirring after every 15 seconds) then dip a HONEY MAID Chocolate Graham halfway into the melty white chocolate. Don’t worry about perfection; it doesn’t matter. Just have fun!
Step 2: Lay the dipped graham crackers on a wire rack to let the white chocolate firm up. (It takes just a few minutes.)
Take an extra chocolate graham cracker and crumble it a little bit, sprinkle some of the fine crumbs onto the white chocolate before it hardens completely. Totally optional, but a fun flourish!
Step 3: Place chocolate bar squares on top of HONEY MAID Chocolate Graham crackers
Step 4: Now fire up the grill, fire pit, or campfire and get ready for the fun part—toasting marshmallows! I recommend two jumbo marshmallows per s’mores treat. Toast them to a nice golden brown and be sure to use a long-handled or telescoping skewer to protect yourself from the heat.
Step 5: Put a pair of toasted marshmallows on top of a chocolate-covered chocolate graham cracker square.
Step 6: Now put the white chocolate-dipped cracker on top!
The heat from the marshmallows melts the chocolate and turns the treat into the ooey-gooey summer delicacy we all love, and with the black and white s’mores twist, it’s even BETTER!
- When dipping the HONEY MAID Chocolate Grahams into the melted white chocolate, don’t worry too much about the back of the graham cracker. You’ll only see the front anyhow!
- Sprinkle chocolate crumbs onto the melted chocolate immediately. The chocolate hardens very quickly!
- Use a telescoping or long-handled skewer to toast the marshmallows so you don’t have to get too close to the flames.
- Even if you toast marshmallows outside, you can build your s’mores inside, if you prefer. If the marshmallows have cooled off, put them on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for up to 30 seconds. (When they start to expand, you’ll know they’re plenty hot. Then build your s’mores as usual.
- Try the recipe using honey or cinnamon grahams instead of chocolate!
- Save on your purchase of HONEY MAID Grahams at Publix with this coupon.
S’more is a contraction of “some more” and who doesn’t want some more s’mores?!
S’mores are traditionally cooked over a campfire, but can also be made inside with a fireplace, oven, stove flame, microwave or even a panini press.
The marshmallow should be golden-brown and gooey, but it’s all based on preference. Some people prefer them barely warm and others prefer them charred.
Other S’mores and Graham Cracker Desserts You’ll Love
Head to Publix now for the special in-store promotion on HONEY MAID Grahams!