Ten talented bloggers each created an original recipe on a $15 budget with ingredients from Family Dollar, and one lucky blogger will win a trip to Nashville to meet and cook with Celebrity Chef Pat Neely.
I created a Cheesy Chili Mac recipe! It’s a hearty, satisfying casserole with lots of flavor, and it feeds 8-10 people easily.
Cheesy Chili Mac Casserole
1 lb. ground beef
15 oz can chili beans
15 oz can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
10 oz can Ro*tel diced tomatoes with chiles
15 oz can tomato sauce
15 oz can sweet golden corn, drained
1 tbsp minced onion
16 oz elbow macaroni
1 packet chili seasoning mix
4 oz pouch Velveeta cheese sauce mix
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1. Brown ground beef in stockpot; drain off extra grease.
2. Add chili beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and minced onion. Mix together and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer 1 – ½ hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
5. Lightly spray 13”x 9”x 2” casserole dish with cooking spray. Add pasta, chili mix, Velveeta sauce and 1 cup shredded cheese; mix together.
6. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over top and bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 8-10 servings
As happy as I am with how my dish turned out, I know that there are nine other recipes also competing.
Which blogger’s recipe will win???
Vote by sharing one of the #FamilyDollarMore4Less blogger recipes via Facebook or Twitter. Not only are you entering to win a year of FREE groceries, but you’re helping to decide the winner!
Shopping at Family Dollar helps stretch a budget even further because of the everyday low prices, and with the recently expanded grocery section, it’s even easier to find everything you need to create a delicious meal.
So, I hope you’ll vote and enter to win a year of FREE groceries from Family Dollar. It would be awesome if you vote for my Chili Mac, but I’ll love you regardless. 🙂 You guys are the bestest!