Have you tried the new frozen Chiquita Smoothies yet? I was given the opportunity to try them and I jumped at the chance. My son is constantly thirsty, and I’m always trying to come up with fun summer drinks for him!
They come in 4 different flavors:
Banana Colada, Peach Mango, Mixed Berry, and Strawberry Banana!
New Chiquita Frozen Fruit Smoothies are all-natural, provide 100% DV Vitamin C, and provide 1/2 cup (1 serving) of fruit per eight-ounce smoothie. Chiquita Smoothies are available nation-wide in your grocer’s freezer aisle, with a suggested retail price of $2.69 (less than $1 per serving). Just blend and serve!
Making them was easy. I emptied the contents of the smoothie canister into my blender. Then I added 1/2 can of water and 2 cans of ice. I blended it on high until it was smooth. (I have a blender from the last century so it took me a while, but it really should only take about a minute.)
The second time I made them, I used crushed ice and that made it easier for my old, dying blender. It also gave it a smoother consistency. I liked it both ways and I think I would alternate from having it like a snow cone (that doesn’t lose flavor) to a very fine smoothie. Chiquita’s website also has recipes for even more fun taste sensations and a $1 off coupon!
And, while you’re visiting Chiquita Smoothie, be sure to enter to win a tropical vacation for 4 people to Jamaica!
My overall opinion: They were delicious and we liked them very much! They reminded us both of icees and slurpees, which we really love, and the flavor lasts all the way to the last drop. Yummy!
My favorite of the four was the Banana Colada, and my son’s was the Strawberry Banana, although he drank 2/3 of the blender’s contents for all 4 flavors. They were also very easy to make, which satisfies my need to be out of the kitchen as much as possible.
Giveaway Rules: Read Carefully!
Leave a comment telling me which of the Chiquita Smoothies flavors you would like to try first. (This is REQUIRED in order to enter. After completing this step, you may do any of the extra entries) (If you do not have an email visible in your profile, you MUST leave an email with your comments in order to win.)
Extra Entry Options: ( I will be verifying everything so please follow the rules carefully) Note: if your name is drawn more than once due to your extra entries, you win more than once!
1. Follow my blog publicly via google friend connect (I must be able to see your profile pic. Check to be sure. If you followed me prior to June 10th, you are no longer following me and must re-follow.) – 1 entry
2. Subscribe by email and confirm the subscription (Leave the email you subscribed with in your comment) – 1 entry
I just entered to win the Chiquita Smoothie giveaway @blueviolet for an all-natural, healthy and fun fruit taste! Plz RT http://bit.ly/198EXB
(You may tweet once daily – leave a comment with the direct url to your tweet each time) – 1 entry per tweet
4. Become a fan of Chiquita Smoothies on facebook (leave username) – 1 entry
5. Add my blog to your Technorati favorites (leave username) – 1 entry
6. Add my blog to your blog roll (leave url so I can check) – 2 entries (leave 2 comments)
7. Add my button to your blog (leave url so I can check) – 2 entries (leave 2 comments)
8. Blog about this giveaway linking to my blog (http://www.anutinanutshell.com) and to Chiquita Smoothies (http://www.chiquitasmoothie.com) (leave url so I can check)- 3 entries (leave 3 comments)
You have until 10pm EST on July 28, 2009 to enter. 5 lucky winners will be randomly selected. I will email the winners and post their names here. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to the notification email or new winners will be chosen. Open to US residents only. Good luck!
(Thank you to the wonderful people at Old Orchard Brands for providing Chiquita Smoothies for the review and giveaway and to The Product Review Place for this tasty opportunity. Disclosure policy here.)