This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s National Fresh Fruit and Veggies Month and with a bounty of seasonal fresh fruit and veggie options available, it’s the perfect time to grab your favorites at Food Lion and maybe even try something new.
We hope this list of recipes and ideas for fresh fruits and veggies inspires you to enjoy nature’s bounty every day this summer!
I do love shopping at my local farmer’s market, but it’s only open on Saturdays which isn’t always convenient.
Fortunately, Food Lion often has locally sourced fresh fruits and veggies at affordable prices, so I know I can find what I want any day of the week, and there’s a lot to choose from!
Food Lion makes it so easy for me to nourish my family the way I want to without spending a fortune. Whew!
Also, my Food Lion redid their produce section a few years ago so it has a fresh marketplace vibe to it. I love it!
And with their food freshness guarantee, I never worry about quality. On the rare occasion when something hasn’t tasted right, they’ve refunded my money (double the price paid) with zero hassles.
Fresh Fruits and Veggies – 30 Days, 30 Ways
1. Cool off from the summer heat with a refreshing fruit slushie.
2. Make zoodles instead of noodles. You may never go back to pasta!
3. Try stuffed peppers for breakfast instead of dinner.
4. Pick a few extra berries this summer and try your hand at making homemade jam or jelly.
5. Select a fruit you’ve never tried before. Have you tried persimmons, tamarind or jicama yet? I love using jicama in watermelon salad.
6. It’s homemade ice cream season. Churn a new flavor or two!
7. Whip up a cool dessert like this strawberry no-bake refrigerator pie.
8. Serve salad in a jar instead of a bowl. Try this chicken taco salad.
9. Wrap your favorite veggies in foil for a delicious campfire grilled foil packet meal.
10. Make a fruit pizza or get crazy and make a fruit pizza pancake!
11. Make your own homemade fruit rolls.
12. Freeze grapes for a refreshing, crunchy snack. (Try them candied too.)
13. Have you ever made your own vegetable pho? Try it!
14. For a kid-friendly treat that also pleases adults, put fresh fruit on a skewer. Also tasty when grilled!
15. Asparagus is a satisfying side dish, but it’s also delicious in a savory breakfast frittata.
16. Mix up a fruit sangria.
17. Make a banana split or a frozen banana split.
18. Create interesting fruit and yogurt parfait combos.
19. Take radishes out of the salad and into a zippy appetizer.
20. Grill or oven roast your favorite veggies and serve with homemade herb butter.
21. Experiment with different colors and varieties of beets.
22. Add a spritz of flavor to your water by infusing it with fruit. Here are 10 creative ways to do it.
23. Try a new cucumber appetizer.
24. Make homemade cauliflower tots.
25. Prepare new-to-you salsa flavors for tacos, salads or chips.
28. Grill a pound cake and top it with fresh berries and whipped cream.
29. Use fresh jalapenos to make margaritas with a kick.
30. Jump on the floral trend and try adding lavender, hibiscus or even dandelion to a smoothie or tea.
Be sure to check out the Weekly deals at Food Lion and for the ultimate in convenience, try Online Shopping with pick up or delivery. For even more fresh fruit and veggie ideas, browse through the entire collection of Food Lion Recipes.