During the warmer months, it’s nice to prepare lighter versions of my favorite recipes. I’m not letting go of the originals, mind you, I’m just putting them on hold until comfort food season.
So that’s how this delicious chicken sandwich came to be. I made a secret sauce with Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Mix, and baby, this sammy’s ready for summer.
Normally I make a sauce recipe with Hidden Valley Ranch Original salad dressing, but I tried something different using one of the new Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Mixes.
There are two Greek yogurt mixes, one for dip and one for salad dressing. I used the dip mix to make this sweet and spicy Greek yogurt ranch sauce.
The best part is that the integrity of the original flavor is there, but with less calories, lower fat and higher protein.
To make the Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Mix, it’s as simple as stirring the mix and Greek yogurt together, and then refrigerating it so it thickens up a bit.
But for my secret sauce, I added a few more ingredients.
It has the creamy coolness of Ranch with a kick of spice and the sweetness of relish, and it’s absolutely perfect paired with chicken and sandwich fixins.
It’s also delish as a dip, so serve some cut veggies on the side. French fries and potato chips taste divine dipped in the sauce as well.
Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwich with Sweet and Spicy Greek Yogurt Ranch Sauce
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Greek Yogurt Dips Mix
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Harissa sauce
- Pinch of chili powder
- Grilled chicken breast
- Crusty round sandwich roll
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- Slice pepper jack cheese
- Tomato for garnish
- Lettuce for garnish
- Mix together all sauce ingredients and refrigerate 30 minutes to an hour.
- For each sandwich, put a grilled chicken breast on a roll and top with pepper jack cheese. Put under broiler to melt, if desired. Lay bacon on top of cheese. Spoon sweet and spicy sauce over bacon; top with lettuce, tomato and top of bun.