Kids love to play, imagine, and create, and they still love the classic toys we remember, but they like them with a modern twist. That’s why construction toys like Superstructs are booming in popularity!
There are lots of entertaining building sets to choose from with names like Wacky Machines and Rolling Fun, and each one includes directions to make several projects, but kids will have just as much fun coming up with their own creations!
New for 2010! Superstructs has an option to customize and personalize the kits and make them absolutely perfect for your little builders.
So the little builder in me went shopping!
How To Make a Custom Kit: You can choose up to 3 models to include, and I chose the Boom Truck & Crane, Forklift, and Dragster models for mine. Then you choose a birthday, congratulations or holiday template for the personalization, add the name of your gift recipient, and check out. Trust me, it’s easy!
Now for the fun part….BUILDING!
Here are the super cool vehicles I made, and the pulley systems in the construction vehicles actually work! How cool is that?!
There are full color step-by-step instructions on how to build each of the models. The only thing I would suggest to the company is to make the instruction sheets larger. My old eyes can’t see like they used to. However, it was super easy to put the pieces together, and I had SO much fun constructing.
Playing with toys is the best!
Buy It! Superstructs are safe for children 3 and older. You’re sure to find a kit available in a size and style just perfect for your little architects. Prices start at just $9.95.
Please enjoy a special discount code for 40% off of one of the company’s best-selling kits, the BIG Builder, a 126-piece set for ages 4-11, normally $41.95. The code expires 1/31/2011. Use KQPPB5PB when checking out.
Win It! One lucky reader will win a custom set of Superstructs!
Required Entry: Visit Superstructs, take a look through all their fabulous kits and then leave a comment with one you particularly liked.
Optional Extra Entries (After you’ve done the required entry, you may do as many of these extra entries as you would like, but leave a separate comment for each entry.)
- Follow @Superstructs on twitter – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me publicly on google friend connect – 1 entry
- Subscribe by email (must activate) – 1 entry – (leave comment with email address)
- Follow A Nut in a Nutshell on networked blogs – 1 entry (leave username)
- ”Like” A Nut in a Nutshell on facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Click to donate water (widget on sidebar) – 1 entry (leave email address used)
- Follow me on twitter @blueviolet – 1 entry (leave username)
- Tweet the giveaway- may be done once daily – 1 entry (leave direct url to tweet) copy and paste the following: Enter to #win a Superstructs customized building toy set – a Holiday Pick at A Nut in a Nutshell #giveaway http://bit.ly/e73Uix
- Enter any of my active giveaways (listed in right sidebar) – 1 entry each
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments)
- Add my button to your blog – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments)
- Add my Holiday Picks button to your homepage – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments)
- Blog about the giveaway – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
I received a code to order my own custom kit for purposes of this review and a custom kit will be provided to a giveaway winner. No other compensation has been received. This post contains my own honest and uninfluenced opinions.