This is a sponsored post. I received LISTERINE® Brand products from Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. and Socialstars as part of my participation in this project. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.
I travel frequently for press trips and conferences, and I’m usually networking with people all day long. Networking doesn’t come easily to me; it never has and probably never will, but there are a few things I do that help make it a bit easier on me so I thought I’d share.
How to Network with Confidence
1. Dress comfortably. It’s one of the biggest lessons I’ve learned. When I feel comfortable, my confidence soars. For me, it’s often just wearing my favorite color or a great pair of boots. Find what works for you!
2. Do research beforehand. Spend some time researching the brand, people or destination you’re visiting before you leave home. It helps you ask pertinent questions and hone in on what will be most helpful for you and your career goals.
3. Maintain eye contact. I have to fight the urge to break eye contact with people, but you will come across as much more confident if you hold your gaze steady. (This doesn’t mean staring at people though…creepers aren’t welcome.)
4. Give a confident handshake. No flimsy, floppy handshakes welcome. A good solid handshake with a firm grip sends an immediate message that you’re someone worth knowing.
5. Take care of your smile. It’s often the first thing people notice about you! The health of one’s mouth has a significant impact on perception by others (according to a recent survey), and since 8 out of 10 of us think we have healthy mouths but actually suffer from some form of oral disease, I’m freakishly careful about mine.
Well, maybe not freakishly careful.. but I don’t mess around.
These are always with me, in my purse, backpack, luggage and car: LISTERINE® PocketPaks.
The breath strips dissolve instantly, killing 99% of bad breath germs and removing bacteria for a quick and clean mouth feeling!
Mama don’t play.
With travel comes lots of food sampling, and I need the quick on-the-go freshness of LISTERINE® PocketPaks so I can feel confident about networking before, during and after the meal.
But that’s not all I do; it’s just the first thing I do.
I think most of us feel that if we brush our teeth, we’re golden, but the truth is that brushing alone misses 75% of your mouth. Do you know how many millions of germs that leaves behind??? Talk about opening the floodgates to plaque and gingivitis….
Nearly 7 in 10 Americans think having an unhealthy mouth threatens one’s chances of getting hired (68%). I can definitely include myself as one of the seven. I mean, how could it not affect your chances?
So, be sure you’re rinsing with a therapeutic mouthwash, like LISTERINE® Antiseptic which cleans virtually 100% of your mouth to achieve up to five times healthier gums in two weeks and up to nine time healthier gums in four weeks!
To find out more about LISTERINE® Brand products, visit www.listerine.com
All data referenced in this post was provided by the LISTERINE® Brand Survey. To learn more, please go to http://www.listerine.com/healthy-mouth-vs-unhealthy-mouth