I just had the chance to try the latest from Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery : gluten-free stuffing in a savory herb flavor. I don’t need a gluten-free diet, but it’s best to be prepared to serve a gluten-free meal…just in case.
The trick? Making sure gluten-free tastes delicious, and that’s where Rudi’s comes in…and the gluten-free stuffing I mentioned.
So I tossed a few things round and whipped up a stuffing worthy of being on anyone’s Thanksgiving dinner table. (However, I served it alongside some Cajun-grilled pork chops and my country-style lima beans.)
Italian Sausage Gluten-Free Stuffing
- Italian Sausage Stuffing
- I package Rudi's Savory Herb Gluten-Free Stuffing
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1 small carrot diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fry sausage in a frying pan until cooked thoroughly and crumbled. Set aside.
- Saute carrots for three minutes in olive oil on med to high heat. Add green pepper and continue for another three minutes. Add mushroom and onion and continue for two more minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare stuffing as instructed. Once complete, add all the fried ingredients to stuffing, mixing with a fork to maintain fluffiness. Place in a casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
It’s really good, y’all. Enjoy!
From November 4-13, visit Rudi’s Facebook page, where they’ll be giving away HUNDREDS of free bags of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Stuffing as well as the opportunity to win a prize from their daily giveaway!!
Hurry, it’s almost over!
One lucky reader will win a Rudi’s Gluten-Free Stuffing Kit which includes: “Gluten-free only” casserole dish, oven mitt, apron, serving spoon, recipe card for added inspiration, bag of Rudi’s Savory Herb Gluten-Free Stuffing. (ARV $90)
Review items provided. All opinions are my own.