Combining your favorite marinara sauce and freshly chopped vegetables is an easy way to create a healthy but satisfying meal.
To start, I chopped some fresh carrots, celery, and broccoli, and then stir fried them with a small amount of oil in a large, deep skillet for about 9 minutes, until they were tender.
I added the rest of the ingredients, and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes while I cooked some rice. Serve the sauce over warm rice or pasta and enjoy!
Marinara Vegetable Medley
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 15- oz can great northern beans drained
- 1 15- oz can kidney beans drained
- 1 15- oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz marinara sauce regular or spicy
- Pasta or rice of choice
- Using small amount of oil, stir fry carrots, celery, broccoli and garlic together In a large, deep non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes, or until veggies reach desired tenderness.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Return to stove and simmer for 10-15 minutes while rice or pasta is cooking.
- Serve sauce over cooked pasta or rice, as desired.