We’re deep into the heart of college football season, and it’s getting exciting. My two favorite teams are sitting at #1 and #2 in their division. Love it!
I also love that I get to tailgate at home instead of freezing outdoors at the actual games. I wear jammies, wrap myself up in a blanket and enjoy my favorite game day foods, like pizza and my Parmesan Chicken Bites – bite-sized boneless chicken bites, cooked to a crisp and topped with Parmesan and melted cheese.
Good stuff, Maynard.
Parmesan Chicken Bites
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk whole or 2%
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 quart of Canola oil for frying chicken
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Toothpicks as needed
- Cut chicken tenders into 1 inch pieces.
- Mix egg and milk in a bowl.
- Put breadcrumbs in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mix, then into bread crumbs.
- Drop into deep fryer or a pan with hot oil on stove top.(If using stove, use a high-walled pot and make sure oil is at least three inches deep.
- Place half of the chicken tenders into oil one at a time. Cook until golden brown and cooked through center. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towel covered plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Arrange chicken on a microwave-safe dish. Preheat marinara sauce, then place a spoonful on each nugget. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of sauce. Microwave on high until cheese melts (about 20-30 seconds).
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Insert a toothpick into each bite. Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy!