We’re deep into the heart of college football season, and it’s getting exciting. My two favorite teams are sitting at #1 and #2 in their division. Love it!
I also love that I get to tailgate at home instead of freezing outdoors at the actual games. I wear jammies, wrap myself up in a blanket and enjoy my favorite game day foods, like pizza and my Parmesan Chicken Bites – bite-sized boneless chicken bites, cooked to a crisp and topped with Parmesan and melted cheese.
Good stuff, Maynard.
Parmesan Chicken Bites
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk whole or 2%
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 quart of Canola oil for frying chicken
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Toothpicks as needed
- Cut chicken tenders into 1 inch pieces.
- Mix egg and milk in a bowl.
- Put breadcrumbs in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mix, then into bread crumbs.
- Drop into deep fryer or a pan with hot oil on stove top.(If using stove, use a high-walled pot and make sure oil is at least three inches deep.
- Place half of the chicken tenders into oil one at a time. Cook until golden brown and cooked through center. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towel covered plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Arrange chicken on a microwave-safe dish. Preheat marinara sauce, then place a spoonful on each nugget. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of sauce. Microwave on high until cheese melts (about 20-30 seconds).
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Insert a toothpick into each bite. Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy!
To elevate the excitement and fun of tailgating at home, Red Baron, Freschetta and Tony’s Pizza have designed “Tailgate at Your Place,” a digital destination to help you throw the ultimate home tailgate party while giving you the chance to win one of hundreds of prizes!
You’ll find college football trivia and traditions, party tips, recipes and more. As you interact with the site, you get more chances to win!
The site features tailgating recipe ideas with a weekly head-to-head recipe match-up. Voting for your favorite each week yields more sweepstakes entries!
You can personalize your experience to include your favorite team too! Obviously, I’m a Buckeye fan.
Your favorite pizza brands, Tony’s®, Red Baron® and Freschetta® are kicking off Tailgate at Your Place –a whole new tradition and virtual hub where you can earn sweepstakes entries for the chance to WIN prizes totaling $150,000!
Explore recipes, college football trivia, party tips, games and more! Don’t miss out. Visit www.TailgateAtYourPlace.com now (through 1/10/2015) and begin by designing your virtual living room! (Rules and Regs)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Red Baron. The opinions and text are all mine.