I never get tired of eating chili in the winter months, so I when I make it, I cook a big giant pot and freeze it in meal-sized portions. I love it with a little heat, but I’m not sure I’ve ever gone five-alarm before.
Don’t be scared though! Chili recipes are super easy to adapt to personal tastes, so if the fire burns… put it out.
And I’m not just talking about the fire in the chili, I’m talking about the fire in heartburn.
There’s no need to worry about heartburn and acid indigestion anymore, because Rolaids are back and that means rapid relief.
Rolaids start to work instantly neutralizing the acids which cause those uncomfortable burning sensations, and let me tell you… I put Rolaids to the test with my five-alarm chili!
I mean, what do you expect with peppers and peppers and peppers aplenty?
Let’s make somethin’ good!
Peachy Pepper-Pot Chili
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 28- oz can crushed tomatoes
- 16- oz jar salsa
- 15- oz can sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 15- oz can chili beans
- 15- oz can light red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15- oz can dark red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 habanero pepper remove stem but not seeds
- 3 jalapeno peppers chopped fine, don't remove seeds
- 1 poblano chili pepper chopped with seeds removed, not as fine
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- Brown ground beef, drain off fat; set aside.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, peaches w/ syrup and habanero pepper. Blend very thoroughly until smooth.
- Put remainder of crushed tomatoes, peach/pepper blend, chili beans, salsa and kidney beans into pot. Add ground beef and place on burner over medium heat.
- Add jalapenos, poblano, onion, cilantro and salt to pot.
- Cook on medium until heated through, then reduce to low. Simmer, covered for about 1 1/2 hours. Add chili powder; simmer one more hour.
Excuse me while I dish myself up a bowl of Peachy Pepper-Pot Chili. I’ve got the Rolaids ready! Do you?
Rolaids are available in regular, extra and ultra strength tablets, and regular and ultra strength liquids. Now we can enjoy our favorite foods whenever and wherever we want!
For more info on heartburn and acid indigestion and to view the entire product line, visit Rolaids.com
Visit the Rolaids Facebook page to get your $1 off coupon. (Or click on the coupon image below.)
One lucky reader will win a Rolaids Five-Alarm Chili prize pack which includes: samples of Rolaids, a branded Rolaids apron, a branded Rolaids bowl and a $100 gift card to purchase the ingredients for their own five-alarm chili recipe.
Gift card & supplies provided for recipe creation. All information in here about Rolaids is based on my own opinion. Product, branded items and gift card was provided at no cost by Chattem in exchange for an evaluation and feedback on Rolaids information.