A perfect sandwich is different for everyone and may even change from day to day, but making the perfect sandwich is easy when you have the right kitchen gadgets and tools!
How about the ultimate sandwich kit? I was so excited when Good Cook sent this to me that I opened everything immediately and used it all to make the perfect dude sandwich for my dude.
Grilled Italian Sausage Sandwich
Ground Italian sausage
Green bell pepper
Barbecue Ranch dressing
Pepper jack cheese
1. Cut the tomato, onion and bell pepper into slices. I used this Slice Precise ($8.99) for the first time, and I don’t think I’ll ever free hand slice again. This is positively brilliant!!! It comes with a storage case so you don’t stab yourself too. (I’m going to put one in my daughter’s stocking this year. Shhhhh.)
I also used this Mini 4-pack of Flexible Cutting Mats($4.69). They’re each a different color and quite small, so it’s easy to quickly switch to a new one for a new ingredient.
2. Make a burger shaped patty with the Italian sausage; top with onions and bell peppers.
3. Place on pre-heated 350-degree indoor grill, and top with some onion and bell pepper slices.
4. Cook with lid closed 5-7 minutes, or until it reaches desired doneness.
5. Open grill; add slices of pepper jack cheese and with lid open, leave on grill until cheese is melted. I used a Classic Cheese slicer ($5.99) to cut the cheese. <— (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
7. Place cooked sausage patty on roll or bun of choice. Top with additional onion, bell pepper and tomato slices. Drizzle on some barbecue ranch dressing and enjoy!
Or you could pack it in a deluxe sandwich keeper ($3.99) like I did, and bring it to the dude-boyfriend for lunch at work! Can you believe that monster fit in there?
SHOP! Use the code DADWICH at checkout when you shop online at Good Cook.com for a 25% discount off your purchase.