This weekend I made ribs for the very first time in my life.
Fall off the bone…
Full flavored and unbelievably delicious ribs.
Inspired by the Dibs on My Ribs Pork Recipe Cook-off, I set out to make an easy rib recipe for no fail ribs using McCormick Spices and Kraft BBQ sauce.
Easy Pineapple Glazed Spare Ribs
Ribs (I used Tyson Pork Spare Ribs and I only needed one slab- you may need more)
Kraft Original BBQ sauce
McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub
1 can crushed pineapple (drained with juice reserved)
1. Score membrane on the back of ribs. (I cut the full rack into two half racks to make it easier to work with, but you don’t have to do that.)
2. Rub ribs on both sides with McCormick Sweet and Smoky Rub, then add 1/2 of the drained pineapple to both sides as well.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Double wrap ribs in foil tightly. Bake on cookie sheet for 2 1/2 hours. (Make sure you have a catch pan for drips.)
4. Remove from oven. Ribs will be done and tender. Reserve the juice from the foil to use in your baste.
5. To make pineapple glaze baste: Mix together remaining pineapple, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, reserved rib drippings, and Kraft Original BBQ sauce. Baste both sides of ribs liberally.
6. Cook over medium heat on a grill for about 5-10 minutes to caramelize the glaze. (I used a rib rack for more indirect heating.)
Serve and enjoy! The ribs will be extremely tender and will definitely fall off the bone!
Now that I know how to make no fail ribs, I’m going to be making them a lot more often!
Share your own rib recipe in the Dibs on my Ribs Cook-off!
Two Grand Prize winners will receive free groceries for a year along with the chance to attend the Memphis in May BBQ Event next year.
Recipes need to be submitted by August 12, 2012. To enter and to vote for your favorite pork rib recipes, visit Dibs on My Ribs!
Ten lucky readers will each win a $20 Walmart Gift Card!
This is a sponsored post. Incentives were provided to me. The recipe and opinions are my own.