This post is sponsored by Lunchbox.
LOOK AT THESE BEANS!
LOOK AT THEM!
Whenever my cat’s bean toes are showing, I snap a photo because it’s so damn cute. So I thought I’d take it one step further and make a paw print ornament so I can remember how cute she is for all my Christmases to come!
If you think Mony’s cute and want to see some more pics and a video, check out this recent post about a cat toy (which would be a perfect stocking stuffer for your kitty).
I chose to use salt dough for my paw print ornament. It’s really easy to make and will make four good-sized ornaments.
Salt Dough Paw Print Ornament
1 cup flour
1 cup salt (just your usual iodized table salt)
1/2 cup water
Glass to cut out the ornament shape
Straw to punch a hole for the ribbon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
- Mix flour, salt, and water in a bowl. The result should be a Play-Doh-like consistency – you may need to add a little water if the dough is crumbly.
- On a floured surface, pat the dough into an even layer about 1/2 thick. Cut out ornament shapes with a glass.
- Press your pet’s paw into the ornament, then punch a hole at the top with a straw.
- Place ornaments on baking sheet covered with foil and bake for 2-3 hours (until dry).
- If necessary, file the edges to smooth them out. I used a nail file.
- Add ribbon, and hang!
You can find this and other DIY ideas like printable pet gift tags and Mason treat jars on the Purina Holiday page at Walmart.com, along with $9 worth of coupons for pet items!
- SAVE $3.00 Purina® on any two (2) 6oz or larger packages of Purina® Beggin’®, Busy® or Beneful® brand Dog Snacks
- SAVE $1.00 Friskies® on ANY two (2) packages of Friskies® Party Mix or Whisker Lickin’s® Cat Treats
- SAVE $4.00 Waggin’ Train® on any one (1) 8oz.or larger package of Waggin’ Train® Treats for Dogs
- SAVE $1.00 ALPO® on two (2) packages of ALPO® brand Dog Snacks