I was inspired to make this veggie tots omelette recipe after I saw the artwork on the Green Giant Veggie Tots packaging. It’s created by St. Jude patients!
How wonderful is that?!
My friends at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® told me about it and I practically begged them to send me some, so I could make a recipe and share the news. They’ve partnered with Green Giant to feature patient artwork on one million bags of limited edition Green Giant® Veggie Tots.
It’s the coolest thing!
In addition to featuring the artwork on packaging, B&G Foods (owner of Green Giant) donated $350,000 and their employees donated another $250,000 to the organization.
As you probably know, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® works tirelessly to understand, treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases, and having visited the hospital myself, I’ve seen firsthand what a difference they make every single day for children and their families.
So that’s how this veggie tots omelette recipe came to be.
And it’s oh, so yummy! I’ve been using Green Giant veggie alternatives for ingredients a lot this year, and I’m loving it!
For this recipe, I used the broccoli and cheese veggie tots inside the omelette and served cauliflower tots alongside it. They make a great switcheroo from traditional tater tots!
I baked the veggie tots on a cookie sheet following the package directions. They do crisp on the outside, but they’re moister than tater tots and will have a softer texture when you bite into them.
I made three-egg omelettes filled with veggie tots and a little cheese and bacon. They turned out great!
It’s a delicious way to start the day!
Veggie Tots Omelette
Pin the Veggie Tots Omelette for a healthy and easy holiday breakfast/brunch idea!
Veggie Tots Omelette
For Each Omelette
- 10 Green Giant Broccoli Veggie Tots
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese your favorite variety
- Cook Green Giant Broccoli Veggie Tots according to package directions.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper until blended.
- Heat butter on electric skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture in rectangular shape. Edges will set immediately. Using a spatula, pull the eggs in from all four sides toward the center, allowing the liquid eggs to flow underneath the set areas.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, sprinkle bacon, cheese and veggie tots in center section. Fold side sections over top, and flip to invert and finish cooking. Use a spatula to remove from skillet and place on plate. Serve immediately.