Whoa…it’s not Wednesday, but I’ve still got a workout comin’ atcha.
This week’s workout is another pyramid workout (check out my other one here), but this time in reverse. That means you’ll start by completing ONE REP of each exercise and slowly increase the reps with each round until you get up to TWENTY each!
When I do workouts like these, I like to write the names of the exercises on a whiteboard that I keep in front of my workout area to remind me of what to do next. (Of course, you can just write them on a piece of paper instead.)
Exercise 1: Jumping jack + half-burpee (full body)
- Do a jumping jack, then place hands on the ground and jump feet back into a plank position
Exercise 2: Walk-out plank (core)
- From standing, place hands on the ground and walk them forward until you are in a plank position.
- Make sure your back stays straight as you walk out into the plank.
Exercise 3: Sumo-switch squat jumps (legs)
- Jump into a wide squat, then jump feet back together
- Jump right leg back into a lunge position, then jump feet back together. Do the same on the left.
Exercise 4: Low plank glute lifts (shoulders, core, glutes)
- From low plank position (weight on forearms), lift right leg using your glute and pulse upward three times. Repeat on left.
Exercise 5: Chair pose pulses (glutes)
- With hands clasped above your head and feet together, lower yourself into a squat position and pulse three times.
Admiring my reflective workout tights and breezy top? They’re both Champion brand and available online now!
These tights are great for exercises like the ones I showed you today, but they’d really be ideal for running when it’s dark because of the reflective tape detailing. They have a thick waistband that doesn’t dig in and they’re QUITE flattering to my butt and legs.
The top is really versatile. It can pull double duty as a cold-weather workout top and a casual top to be worn with jeans, and it’s reversible, giving you the option of wearing the V in the front or in the back, like I’ve done here.
Champion has tons of other cute tops, bottoms, and base layers.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Champion. The opinions and text are all mine.