This pepperoni spasagna recipe is tied to warm and loving family memories, because mealtime was a magical time in my family. We talked, laughed and spent real time together while enjoying my mom’s feel-good home cooking. Every.single.night.
Dinner (supper to us midwesterners) was at the kitchen table, and we all sat and chatted until the last person had finished. There were eight people in my family, and it was the one part of the day when everyone was in the same place. (That doesn’t happen much anymore.)
I treasure everything about those mealtime moments. The togetherness is what makes my heart full, but food was a big part of it, and I’ll be honest. I still use Ragu® Pasta Sauces because that’s what my mom used. It’s a tradition!
With the holidays around the corner, you’ll be looking for quick meal solutions the whole family will love, and this pepperoni spasagna is sure to become a family favorite.
- 45-oz jar Ragu® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 32 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 16 oz spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 oz pepperoni
- 4 oz cooked Italian sausage crumbles
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Meanwhile in medium bowl, mix ricotta, 1 cup pepper jack cheese, eggs, seasoning , salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions (do not overcook). Rinse, drain; put in large bowl. Add half of the cheese mixture and 2 cups Ragu® pasta sauce. Mix well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased baking dish, evenly spread half of the spaghetti mixture. Top with remaining cheese mix, sausage crumbles, half of the pepperoni and ¼ cup sauce. Add remaining spaghetti as another layer. Top with 1 cup Ragu®, remaining pepper jack cheese and remaining pepperoni.
- Bake, covered with foil for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes or so until cheese is melted and bubbly. Heat remaining Ragu® pasta sauce and serve on the side.
I used Ragu® Traditional Pasta Sauce for this recipe. It’s my go-to sauce because it works in everything, and it’s the one my mom used. Ragu® is part of the Kroger Discoveries program October 16-18, so that’s where I bought mine. Look for yours there too!
As we enter the busy holiday season, take the time to celebrate the magic in mealtime with those you love most.
I hope you enjoy this pepperoni spasagna recipe!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu® . The opinions and text are all mine.