This BBQ Ranch meatloaf recipe was inspired by my partnership with Naturally Fresh® Brand. All opinions are my own.
I’ve been working on having the best meatloaf recipe for the last year or so, and it just keeps getting better and better. With my latest tweak, I think I may have nailed it. I mean look at this… does it not get you drooling?
The magic in my latest tweak comes from Peppercorn Ranch Dressing, a primo quality home-style salad dressing with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. (They make dips too!)
(Note: You could also use Naturally Fresh® Brand Ranch or Lite Ranch in the recipe.)
It’s completely different from the bottled dressings you might be used to (and believe me, you can taste the difference) because it does not have:
~Artificial thickeners to make up texture that should come from real ingredients.
~Monosodium glutamate (MSG), an artificial flavor enhancer.
~Artificial colors or flavors.
So you can imagine how that home-style better-for-you goodness turns things up a notch in my BBQ ranch meatloaf recipe (aka best meatloaf recipe evah!)
Nummy num nums.
BBQ Ranch Meatloaf
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 poblano pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 cubanelle pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup Peppercorn Ranch Dressing Ranch or Lite Ranch can also be used
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ¼ cups BBQ sauce divided
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Using hands mix meat, peppers, onion and egg thoroughly. Mix in bread crumbs.
- Form the meat mixture into a uniformly thick loaf in a rectangular baking pan.
- Spread 1 cup BBQ sauce over top.
- Bake uncovered 1 1/4 hours. Drain off extra grease. Spread 1 cup BBQ sauce over top again, and bake another 20 minutes.
Try this Asian-style garlic meatloaf too!