This blueberry lemon coffee cake is so perfect for springtime and delightful for brunch. How can you go wrong with a sweet and tangy lemon filling, a burst of blueberries and a moist and delicious cake?
Each bite is as yummy as the next.
- Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Bar Mix
- Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix
- vegetable oil
- fresh blueberries
How to make blueberry lemon coffee cake
In a baking dish, you’ll alternate layers of filling over the crust, and sprinkle in some fresh blueberries. It’ll swirl together in some spots, and that’s fine. Swirls are yummy!
Bake until center tests clean with a toothpick. Let cool; cut into slices and serve.
Blueberry lemon coffee cake makes a delicious addition to a brunch menu and goes perfectly with an afternoon cup of coffee or tea as well. I’ve shared the recipe on the Krusteaz website as well.
What to serve with lemon blueberry breakfast cake
Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake
- 1 package Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Bar Mix
- 1 package Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix
- 1/3 cup + ½ cup water divided
- 6 eggs divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 9 X 12 rectangular baking dish. Press crust mix firmly into bottom of pan. Bake 8-10 minutes; crust will be pale.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1/3 cup water and 3 eggs until well blended. Add Meyer Lemon filling mix and whisk until smooth. Allow to sit while crust is baking.
- In separate medium bowl, stir together ½ cup water, oil, 3 eggs and muffin mix until moistened. Gently fold drained blueberries into batter.
- Stir lemon filling mix again and pour half over hot crust. Sprinkle fresh blueberries over filling. Gently spread half of the muffin batter over the blueberry layer. Pour on remaining lemon filling, and then remaining muffin batter. Swirl with a spatula to slightly blend top lemon and muffin layers.
- Bake 65 minutes. Serve warm or cool.