This post is part of a sponsorship with CVS. Products were provided to me free of charge, but all opinions are my own.
As you can probably imagine, it’s not always easy being a bodybuilder. Even when I’m not in “competition prep mode” and on a strict diet and training regimen, I have to stay lean and keep packing on muscle to get ready for the next season. I only started bodybuilding two years ago, and I’ve made some huge changes since then. Check out my transformation below!
When you put on all that mass, your muscles are like “YES”, but your tendons, ligaments, and joints are like “DAWG, CHILL”. That is, it takes them a while to adapt to moving all the new muscles around for you.
You also have to make sure you take care of your organs, since they’re doing overtime while you push yourself in the gym and then pulling overnighters to process the high amount of protein you’re consuming.
So, to take care of my body, I take supplements every day. I like the Radiance Platinum line from CVS because I can grab everything I need in one stop. And, as a bonus, they often have two-for-one sales through their ExtraCare savings program. #frugalqueen
And as another bonus, CVS also has the best flavor of sparkling water of all time – pineapple coconut. I can’t find it on their website, but below is what it looks like. Go buy some and thank me later.
I digress. Below I’m sharing a list of the bodybuilding supplements I take every day. Since there are so many, and different combinations of them go with different meals, I take a few minutes on Sunday evenings to prepare everything for the week.
You should talk to your doctor or nutritionist about which supplements are the right ones to take for your goals, but the ones I take are below. Almost all of them are from the CVS Radiance Platinum line, which is 100% preservative free and have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, or your money back.
- Multivitamin for women: Everyone should take one! But like, maybe take a men’s one if you’re a man.
- Digestive enzyme: Supports digestion so you can process and absorb the nutrients from your food. Also helps ya poop better.
- CLA: Supports healthy weight loss (when used in combination with healthy diet and exercise)
- Vitamin C: For immune system health
- DHEA: Regulates hormone levels in the body
- Vitamin E: For heart and blood vessel health
- Vitamin D: For bone health
- CoQ10: An antioxidant; supports cardiovascular and circulatory function
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: An antioxidant; fights free-radicals
I try to make it as easy as possible to maintain my healthy habits, so I’ve figured out some simple tricks like labeling the tops of my bottles (see above) that allow me to minimize my effort. #lazy
If you have any other tips and tricks that make it easier to be healthy, please share below!