This cookie butter shortbread bars post is sponsored in conjunction with ChristmasSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I’ve always loved shortbread cookies just as they are, but sometimes… when the cookie butter comes calling, you have to answer the door. So I’ve combined the best of both into one deeeee-lectable bar cookie.
Et voila, cookie butter shortbread bars.
To make them, I mix up a buttery batch of shortbread dough and add the star ingredient – cookie butter emulsion by LorAnn Oils. The creamy, buttery spice cookie flavor is unmistakably delicious!
To make them even more festive and cookie butter-licious, I drizzled a cookie butter powdered sugar glaze over the top and added some festive sprinkles!
Pin my cookie butter shortbread bars recipe!
Cookie Butter Shortbread Bars
Cookie Butter Shortbread Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons LorAnn cookie butter bakery emulsion
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and powdered sugar.
- Add butter and cookie butter emulsion; beat until combined. Press into 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Cut into small squares while still warm. Let cool completely.
- Mix together glaze; drizzle over top of cooled shortbread squares and top with sprinkles.
Bourbon Salted Caramel Coffee with Whipped Cream from With Two Spoons
Chocolate Eggnog Pudding Shots from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Cookie Butter Eggnog Cocktail from My Suburban Kitchen
Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Drops from Family Around the Table
Mulled Red Wine Sangria from Platter Talk
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate from Live Love Texas
Salted Caramel Affogato from Tara’s Multicultural Table
Salted Caramel Apple Cider Martini from Sweet Beginnings
Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini from The Crumby Kitchen
Salted Caramel Mocha Smoothie from An Affair from the Heart
Sugar Cookie Martini from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Black Forest Cheesecake from Kate’s Recipe Box
Butter Rum Cheesecake from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Christmas Cornflake Wreaths from The Mandatory Mooch
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Cookie Cups from Love and Confections
Cookie Butter Shortbread Bars from Eat Move Make
Fluffernutter Truffles from Mildly Meandering
Frozen Mint Meltaway Pie from Cooking with Carlee
Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes with Eggnog Frosting from The Baking Fairy
Spiced Eggnog Sugarmen from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Eggnog Butter Frosting from Lady Behind the Curtain
Slice ‘N’ Bake Grinch Cookies from Big Bear’s Wife
Snowmen Macarons from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures