This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
When I was a child, I remember visiting family friends and waking up to the smell of something delicious baking in the oven, and when we wandered out to the kitchen, there would be an amazing breakfast waiting for us. It made me feel so loved!
I want people to feel warmly welcomed and loved when they visit me too, and that’s the inspiration behind this meal. A hot and hearty breakfast is the perfect way to start a morning and this corned beef breakfast bake recipe will satisfy bellies and put happy smiles of satisfaction on everyone’s faces as they begin the day.
I make it with feel-good ingredients like Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, eggs, corned beef and tater tots, and I’m specifying Sargento® cheese because it matters. Sargento® is always shredded fresh from blocks of real, natural cheese and the flavor and quality is unsurpassed. Get a fresh start with Sargento®, y’all. You will taste the difference.
So here’s how to make this scrumptious corned beef breakfast bake!
You’ll use two refrigerated pie crusts for the shell (one for each half), so form them into the shape of your greased baking dish. Seams showing won’t matter because you’ll be covering all that up with all your ingredients.
Next, layer the corned beef, tater tots, green onions, peppers and Sargento® cheese. Then, repeat those layers a second time.
When you’re ready to bake, add the egg and cream mixture, then sprinkle on more cheese and green onions.
Can you believe how simple it is to whip up a delicious breakfast with Sargento® cheese and eggs? It’s the perfect solution to easy and enjoyable breakfast prep, even when you’re short on time.
Now pop the dish in the oven for an hour and BAM! You’ve got yourself one heck of a great tasting breakfast.
When it comes out of the oven, let it rest for a while so the filling has a chance to settle a bit. Then cut it into slices and serve. It’s absolutely delicious!
It doesn’t take long to whip this up in the morning and have it ready to go in the oven, but if you’re going to have a busy morning, you can do everything except adding the filling. Pour that into the baking dish in the morning and then bake it in the pre-heated oven.
A second option is to bake the entire corned beef quiche the evening before and reheat each piece as needed. (It reheats beautifully.)
Ready to try your hand at making this delicious corned beef breakfast bake with Sargento® cheese and eggs?
Corned Beef Breakfast Bake
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 12-oz can corned beef crumbled into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups mini tater tots divided
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions divided into thirds
- 2 cherry peppers (with seeds) diced, divided
- 2 cups Sargento Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - traditional cut, divided
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with baking spray.
- Form pie dough to fit into baking dish. Flute edges if desired. Layer half the corned beef, 1 cup tater tots, a third of the green onions, half the peppers and half the cheese. Repeat the layers.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and black pepper until fully incorporated. Pour over ingredients in baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese and final third of green onions.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let rest before cutting.