Making this DIY Star Wars Memory Game gave me the chance to play Memory again, one of my very favorite childhood games ever. It’s a fun, easy way to exercise those brain cells and practice memorization while having some fun with the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie in theaters now.
I read all about Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Fandango Family so that I’d have an idea who the new characters were. I wanted to be sure to put some of them into the game. By the way, if you’re wondering whether it’s a family-friendly film or just want to read interesting tidbits, head over there!
But let’s talk about how I made this DIY Star Wars Memory Game!
3″ wood circles (you’ll want at least 20 to make the game challenging)
Glitter Spray Paint (gold, silver or any metallic)
Star Wars stickers (to ensure you have two of the exact sticker, you may want to buy two sets)
Acrylic spray sealant (gloss)
1. Decide how many wood circles you want for the game. I’d suggest a minimum of twenty, but the more you have, the longer the game will last and the more challenging it will be. You’ll want an even number regardless.
2. Choose a glittery spray paint for the circles. I decided gold seemed pretty “Star Wars-y”, so I went with that.
3. Spray paint one side of the circles. Reapply extra coats as desired. Let dry completely. Flip over and repeat the process.
4. Decide which stickers you’re going to use in the game.
5. Place the stickers on the circles, making sure you have an even number of matching pairs.
6. Spray an acrylic sealant over the top of all the wooden circles and let dry.
7. Now you’re ready to play the DIY Star Wars Memory game!
How To Play:
Mix up all the playing pieces and lay them in rows, face down.
Turn over any two discs. If they match, keep them. If they don’t match, turn them back over. Try and remember what was on each disc and where it was.
If the two cards match, keep them.
If they don’t match, turn them back over.
Remember what was on each circle and where it was.
The next player attempts to make a match. Try to remember what you see during the other player’s turn.
When all the discs have been matched, the game is over. The player with the most matches wins.
Be sure to visit Fandango Family for more movie inspired fun and inspiration!
One lucky reader will win a $100 Fandango Gift Card!
I’m a Fandango Family Blogger, and that inspired my idea. The idea and opinions are my own.