You might have already read about how I prepared myself for fall: I switched over my closet for fall and started implementing some good mental health habits in anticipation of winter’s gray days.
Well, now that it’s officially fall, it’s time to get my kitchen ready for the season too. It’s time to unabashedly embrace the wonderful fall ingredients and spices we’ve been missing for months! (I’m lookin’ at you, pumpkin spice and chai.)
The other day I took a little shopping trip and stocked up on chai in all its forms—Tazo Chai Black Tea Concentrate and Chai Classic Black Tea bags…and maybe like four other kinds of Tazo Tea too. Now ya girl is fully ready for blanket & tea weather.
Why Tazo tea? Because it’s readily available in almost all grocery stores and on Amazon. It’s also inexpensive and surprisingly flavorful. I’m a big Stash and David’s Tea fan too, but since pretty much everyone can find Tazo tea, I’m using it in this post.
There are plenty of Tazo Teas to choose from besides chai:
- Awake English Breakfast Tea: A breakfast-style black tea of malty boldness & bright flavor, invigorating any time of day.
- Zen Green Tea: A harmonious blend of green tea with lemongrass & spearmint.
- Passion Herbal Tea: An exuberant herbal infusion of hibiscus, orange peel, rose hips & passion fruit flavors.
- Green Ginger: This bright green tea blend has a kick from ginger & a sweet note of pear.
My personal favorite is the Zen Green Tea. It has a gentle kick of caffeine from the green tea and a refreshing tingle from the lemongrass and spearmint. I find it really pleasant to start my day with a cup.
Dirty Chai Latte Recipe
If you haven’t had Tazo Chai before, I like to think of it as Christmas in a cup. It’s a robust blend of black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and spices that is warming and comforting to drink. You can get it in teabag form to drink black or with a little sweetener and milk, or you can grab the Chai Black Tea Concentrate in a carton for a shortcut. It’s pre-sweetened and ready to go!
For a real kick, try our recipe for a Dirty Chai Latte below! It’s a chai latte with an extra boost thanks to a shot of espresso.
Dirty Chai Latte
- 3 oz. Tazo Chai Black Tea Concentrate
- 3 oz. milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 shot espresso
- Ice cubes
- Add Tazo Chai Black Tea Concentrate and milk of your choice to a glass.
- Add a shot of espresso and stir.
- Top off with plenty of ice cubes and enjoy!
Pin the dirty chai latte recipe!
Happy tea drinking, friends!