These Fudgy Mint cookies combine two of my favorite things in the world: chocolate and mint. Caramel is my third favorite thing, but caramel and mint don’t play nice together, so I had to make caramel stay at home for this play date.
And my tummy thanks me.
These are so easy to make because you start with a box of Devil’s Food cake mix. I’m all for shortcuts, and I’m also all for Devil’s Food fudgy-ness!
Fudgy Mint Cookies
- 1 15.25- oz pkg Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 pkg York Peppermint Patties (You'll want one for each of 2-3 dozen cookies
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter and water. Add eggs; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. (The dough will be sticky, so the easiest way to do this is to drop spoonfuls of dough into the powdered sugar and start rolling it into a ball in there.)
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set. Immediately press a mint into the center of each cookie. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Enjoy! The combination of the Devil’s Food cake-y richness with the cool mint of the peppermint patties is simply delightful.