The reason these Halloween drinks go by the name of ‘Toxic Tumbler’ is that they’re strong mixed drinks, so a one Halloween cocktail maximum is my general rule of thumb on this one.
Of course, you could absolutely tone down the amount of whiskey in each drink, but then it wouldn’t be called Toxic Tumbler, would it?
If you love the taste of whiskey, belly up to the bar and I’ll happily pour you a drink.
But I’m gonna check your ID and take your keys away because I only support responsible drinking.
I rimmed (or attempted to rim – it’s harder than it looks) the glasses with Pop Rocks which is, in theory, a super fun idea.
In practice, they exploded the minute they touched liquid and were very resistant to staying on the glass.
I’d probably go the route of rimming with sugar next time. Oh heck, who am I kidding?
Pop Rocks are part of the fun… I’d totally try it again, but I’d make sure I had fresh Pop Rocks because some of mine were a bit clumpy in the package and couldn’t be used.
Toxic Tumbler Halloween Drinks – Strong Mixed Drinks for Whiskey Lovers
Pin this Toxic Tumbler for Halloween and fall cocktail inspiration!
If you love strong mixed drinks and you love fun Halloween drinks, you’ll love this Toxic Tumbler. Happy Halloween!
- 2 ounces orange-pineapple juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pop rocks, your choice of flavor
- 5 ounces whiskey
- lemon for garnishing
- Run a slice of lemon around a cocktail glass and dip in Pop Rocks to stick.
- Combine whiskey, orange-pineapple juice and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake well.
- Strain into the cocktail glass over ice. Sip.