It’s time to bring on the spooktacular fun of October with some creative Halloween recipes and Halloween party ideas. Last year I made some Boo-tiful Pudding Cups and cute little Pumpkin Crispies, and they were a big hit with the family and so simple to make.
Since I love the fun flavors and colors of JELL-O, I decided to use the orange and lemon varieties to put a festive Halloween twist on a classic family dessert. So here’s my Spooktacular Halloween JELL-O Dessert!
Make some orange and lemon JELL-O in 9″x13″ baking pans. When it’s set, cut it into squares. It won’t matter if they’re all exactly the same size.
Layer the JELL-O squares inside a mold, alternating colors as you fill it. Add in some gummy worms if desired.
Then you’ll slowly pour in a mixture of condensed milk, unflavored gelatin and orange extract, and it will fill in the spaces around the JELL-O squares. Let that refrigerate overnight.
The next day before serving, fold a few drops of green food coloring into a container of COOL WHIP and spoon into the center of the JELL-O mold. Add a few more gummy worms and decorations and you’re ready to serve!
Spooktacular Halloween JELL-O Dessert
- 2 3 oz pkg orange JELL-O
- 2 3 oz pkg lemon JELL-O
- 5 cups boiling water divided
- ⅔ cups cold water divided
- 2 cups ice cubes divided
- 4 ¼ oz envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. orange extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- green food coloring
- worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- Lightly coat two 13×9 glass baking pans with cooking spray. In separate bowl, add 2 cups boiling water to 2 packages orange JELL-O. Whisk until completely dissolved. Add 1 cup ice and 1/3 cup cold water. Stir until ice melts. Pour into one of the pans; refrigerate. Repeat with lemon JELL-O. Pour into other pan. Refrigerate both until set; 2-4 hours.
- In medium bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand 1 minute. Stir in 1 cup boiling water. Add sweetened condensed milk and orange extract; mix well and let cool completely, stirring often.
- Coat 6-cup gelatin mold with cooking spray. Cut JELL-O into squares.
- Alternate colors and layer inside mold. Add a few worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks as desired.
- Carefully pour milk mixture over JELL-O in mold. Cover: refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, let JELL-O mold sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Gently loosen edges of mold to help it release. Top with plate; invert mold and tap to release. Garnish.
- To garnish, stir a few drops of green food coloring into COOL-WHIP and gently fold to blend in color. Spoon whipped topping into center of JELL-O mold, and decorate with a few worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks .