Ham and cheese jalapeno crescents! The classic and well-loved combination of ham and cheese gets a twist of jalapeno heat before being rolled up and baked in a hot and flaky crescent dough blanket.
Created with just four ingredients, they make a delicious addition to a dinner menu or a perfect party appetizer.
The company has remained family-owned and operated for more than 72 years. (I’m partial to family-run businesses, I admit it.)
I’ve been enjoying the flavorful smokehouse sausage from Old Wisconsin since I was a little girl. My dad’s clients often gave him sausage and cheese gift baskets, and I distinctly remember the oh so delicious spicy, smoked taste.
You can watch my video tutorial for a step by step on how I made them. There are only four ingredients, so it’s pretty easy to follow.
And the results are positively delicious!
Ham and Cheese Jalapeno Crescents
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 1 pkg of 8 crescent rolls
- 16 slices Buddig Smoked Honey Ham
- 4 Frigo cheese sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start water boiling. While it comes to a boil, prepare the jalapeno peppers by cutting off stem end and scooping out the insides and seeds.
- Place peppers in steamer basket. Cover and steam over boiling water for 15 minutes. Rinse under cool water; drain. Set aside.
- Cut each of the cheese sticks in half. Tuck each one inside a boiled pepper. (You may have to trim them further to make sure they fit inside peppers.)
- Wrap a slice of ham around each end of a pepper.
- Unroll the sheet of crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Place the wrapped pepper at the pointy side of the triangle and roll up. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.