This hearty breakfast bowl with Egg Beaters is crazy good! Warming up your insides with a positively scrumptious egg bowl filled with spinach, onion, bacon and breakfast potatoes will make your day.
And since it’s made with Egg Beaters® Original which comes in a super convenient package, it’s a cinch to prepare wholesome, homemade dishes like this.
There’s no cracking or clean-up necessary!
I’ve been using Egg Beaters Original for at least ten years, but the packaging is brand NEW now.
Both of the Egg Beaters varieties can be found at Walmart in the dairy aisle.
I like using Egg Beaters Original as a nutritious alternative to shell eggs. They’re still made from real eggs, but Egg Beaters Original has 1/2 the calories and is made with all-natural egg whites. I just measure and pour instead of cracking shells and making a mess.
To make this breakfast bowl recipe, I start by cooking some bacon until it’s very crisp. Once it’s cool enough to touch, I’ll chop it or crumbled it.
Next, I cook half an onion until soft and fragrant. Then I add in fresh spinach leaves and continue sauteeing until the leaves wilt. Set aside.
Next, I cook up some diced hash brown potatoes until they reach my desired doneness. (I usually cook them in the deep fryer, but they can be cooked in a skillet too.)
Now it’s time to scramble the Egg Beaters.
I use two cups of Egg Beaters Original and when the eggs are not quite fully cooked, I add the spinach and onion mixture, potatoes, crumbled bacon and cheese and finish cooking the eggs with all that goodness inside.
Mmm, mmm good.
Now I divide the yumminess between four bowls.
Look at those fluffy Egg Beaters!
I like to set out some salsa, ketchup and hot sauce for people to drizzle over the top of the breakfast bowls as desired.
This breakfast bowl recipe could also be made with the NEW Egg Beaters® Whole Eggs with NISIN – your choice! The NEW Egg Beaters Whole Eggs are 100% whole farm fresh eggs, minus the shell so they’re perfect for quick-cook breakfasts and faster baking. Plus, there are NO artificial flavors, no artificial colors, and no mess.
Are you seeing a trend with Egg Beaters? No shells, no mess — just a faster, easier way to a better breakfast!
Pin this breakfast bowl idea to Pinterest!
Breakfast Bowl with Egg Beaters
Hearty Breakfast Bowl
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups Egg Beaters Original
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 16 ounces bacon
- 16 ounces diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook the bacon until it’s very crisp. Chop or crumble it. Set aside.
- Cook hash brown potatoes in skillet or deep fryer. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In saute pan, heat olive oil then cook onion until soft and aromatic. Add spinach leaves; saute until wilted. Set aside.
- In skillet, pour in Egg Beaters and cook to scramble until close to done. Mix in bacon, potatoes, spinach onion mixture and cheese. Continue cooking and stirring until Egg Beaters are done. Spoon into serving bowls and serve immediately with a side of salsa, hot sauce or ketchup.