This holiday gingerbread cake is part of a sponsored post.
To make up for the fact I cheated myself out of dessert at Thanksgiving (because I thought I didn’t need it but oh, I was wrong), I decided to make myself a treat the other day. So there!
I wanted to make gingerbread, but with a SPLENDA #SweetSwaps switcheroo. I don’t do well with big lifestyle changes, as I tend to rebel and rebound, but small, easy lifestyle changes, those I can do. Besides, small changes can still yield big results, right?
So that’s what I did with this holiday gingerbread cake!
It tastes fantastic, and you’d never know I swapped sugar for a SPLENDA® Sweetener Product. Sneaky, right? It’s a smart and delicious way to reduce the added sugar and calories in recipes!
Sad Fact: The average American consumes more than 22 teaspoons of added sugar a day — TRIPLE the recommended amount for women and DOUBLE the recommended amount for men.
You can use SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener just about anywhere you love sugar. Check out www.365SweetSwaps.com for 365 ways to swap sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products and tips and recipes to help you save calories from added sugar!
So how about that gingerbread cake recipe? There’s a conversion chart right on the package, and for granulated SPLENDA, I used the exact same amount – 1/2 cup.
I couldn’t be happier with the results and if I didn’t taste it myself, I never would have believed sweet swaps like this would not only work, but taste just as delicious!
Holiday Gingerbread Cake with SPLENDA
- ½ cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener Granulated
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 8 oz cream cheese spread I used pumpkin flavor
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the egg and cream cheese spread, then mix in the molasses.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the hot water. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan before serving.