This instant pot Asian inspired beef short ribs recipe post was sponsored by NAKANO® Rice Vinegars as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
We’re a week into the new year and I’m still really focused on a healthier version of me, Yay! The only reason it’s working is that I’m not making drastic changes. For most people, too much change proves to be unrealistic for the long game, and the long game is the only one worth winning.
These instant pot Asian-inspired beef short ribs incorporate one of the simple, but oh so smart and tasty substitutions I’ve been making when I eat — NAKANO® Rice Vinegars. I have three flavors, but they’re available in seven clean-label varieties and two organic options. It’s especially welcome following all the indulgences of the holiday season. Make some better-for-you-meals this year!
Instant Pot Asian Inspired Beef Short Ribs
To make the short ribs, I combine all the ingredients in the instant pot, add the short ribs and then toss the mushrooms in on top. It really couldn’t be easier.
Rather than using my customary wine or sake, I substituted NAKANO seasoned rice vinegar to cut down on some of those calories, and to be honest, I don’t love the taste of alcohol in my food. Now with my food… well, that’s another story.
After about an hour in the pressure cooker, the ribs will be fall-off-the-bone tender. With the addition of some veggies and a salad, dinner is ready.
Instead of using your favorite condiments on your veggies, splash on any of the NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegars for a pop of savory flavor. It’s a healthier swap and makes a great low-calorie substitute for high-fat dressings, marinades, oils or butter. Get more healthy swap ideas here!
In addition, you can whip up a quick ginger dressing with rice vinegar which tastes delicious drizzled over the salad and the instant pot Asian-inspired short ribs.
Instant Pot Asian-Inspired Beef Short Ribs
- 3-4 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Nakano rice vinegar garlic
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 8 ounces whole button mushrooms
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 red chili peppers diced with seeds
- Turn the instant pot to Sauté on high. Brown the short ribs in the pot on all sides. Cancel saute setting, then add remaining ingredients. Toss mushrooms on top. Place cover on instant pot and set steam valve to sealed.
- Push the pressure cook/manual button and set timer to 50 minutes. When cook time is over, let machine naturally vent for 10-15 minutes before turning steam release valve to venting to release the rest of the pressure. Serve ribs over rice, spooning the liquid over the top.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Nakano seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- In a small microwaveable bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Microwave 30 seconds to help incorporate honey; whisk again. Put in sealed container, refrigerate. Shake before serving.
This is such a scrumptious winter meal, and I hope your family loves it as much as mine does.