If you didn’t already know, our cats are the loves of our lives. (I wrote this post dedicated to my cat Mony when she turned 10 years old, and now she’s 12! I can’t believe it!) Did you know that my mom loved Mony so much that she ended up getting four cats of her own? It’s true. Over the years, Mony and the gang have taught us so many lessons, and we’ll admit that some of them are more poignant than others. But sharing is caring, so today we wanted to share some of our favorite lessons from cats!
1. Home is wherever you make it.
2. It’s about the simple things.
Like naps in the sunshine.
3. If you puke on the carpet, someone else will clean it up.
(Same goes for poop.)
4. Sometimes afternoon naps are warranted.
5. Fight for what you want.
6. The more blankets, the better.
7. The nose knows.
8. How to meditate.
There’s just something peace-bringing about a cat sitting on your chest, hoping you’ll stop moving around for once. If you’re anxious and restless, they’ll leave, so if you want them to stay and cuddle, you have to pay attention to your breath and relax. Other tips for dealing with anxiety in this post.
9. If you cry enough, someone will turn the tap on for you.
10. It’s nice to help others.
11. Always put effort into looking your best.
12. Stay hydrated.
13. Live in the moment.
Which sometimes translates to “eat like there’s no tomorrow”. No judgment here.
14. Sometimes the simplest entertainment is the best.
Like a hair tie. Or a fly.
15. Pay attention.
You never know what you’ll miss when you look and listen closely.
16. Never stop exploring.
17. Unconditional love.
We love our pets SO much! What have your pets taught you?