For a twist on the standard oatmeal cookie, try these oatmeal scotchie crisp bars! Playing around with cookie mixes is one of my favorite parts about working with Krusteaz, and my latest cookie creation is one of my new favorite treats.
The recipe deliciousness starts with a box of Krusteaz Oatmeal Scotchie Cookie Mix. You’ll bake the cookies as directed on the box, but you’re going to have to resist them when they come out of the oven. You need them for the recipe.
Well, maybe you can have one. But just one!
You have to crumble the rest. I know, I know… it rips a tiny piece of your heart up to do it, but trust me. It’ll all work out in the end.
Combine the cookie crumbles with some melted marshmallow, butter, crisped rice and chocolate covered raisins and folks, you’ve got a cookie sensation you’ll never forget!
If you have any bake sales or cookie swaps coming up, oatmeal scotchie crisp bars make perfect bake sale treats.
Get the entire list of ingredients and how-to’s on the Krusteaz recipe website!
Krusteaz, Oatmeal Scotchie Cookie Mix, 18oz Box (Pack of 3)Nestle Raisinets Milk ChocolateJet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows (10 oz Bag)Kellogg’s Rice Krispies, Breakfast Cereal, Toasted Rice Cereal, Fat-Free, 12 oz Box
Oatmeal Scotchie Crisp Bars
- 1 egg
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package Krusteaz Oatmeal Scotchie Cookie Mix
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups chocolate covered raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir together egg, ½ cup softened butter and cookie mix until dough forms, hand kneading if necessary.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; crumble into small chunks in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. When completely melted, add crisp rice cereal, chocolate covered raisins and crumbled cookies. Stir to evenly disperse ingredients.
- Immediately pour and press mixture evenly into lightly greased 12 x 18-inch rimmed baking pan. Let cool completely; cut into squares. Store cooled bars in airtight container.