I started dreaming about this orange creamsicle poke cake when I was drinking a glass of flavored milk. Yes, I’m an adult child who likes flavored milk, because who can resist a flavor like Orange Cream Dream… I mean come on… it’s orange-y, creamy and dreamy.
It was an idea full of happiness; I would take the essence of the flavored milk beyond the glass into an orange-y, creamy, dreamy poke cake. And so I did.
If you don’t know about MilkSplash yet, you should check it out. It’s portable, it’s fun and it’s easy to use. The “splash” comes from the fact that it’s a liquid milk enhancer, so you squeeze it to splash its flavor into your milk.
It’s zero-calorie, fat-free, gluten and allergy-free and comes in wacky and fun flavors like: Orange Cream Dream, Cocoa Loco, Sir Strawberry Swirl™, Cookies ‘N Cream and Jammin’ Banana. An all-natural version is in the works, and the current flavors contain artificial sweeteners.
But let’s get to the cake!
Prepare a white cake according to package directions, and while it’s baking, squeeze some MilkSplash into a can of condensed milk and mix it in.
Do I measure? Nah, I’m way too lazy for that. I just taste it with my finger and add flavor as needed until I get the perfect light creamsicle flavor I’m looking for.
When the cake comes out of the oven, immediately poke holes into it and pour the flavored condensed milk over the top so it seeps into the holes. Then let the cake cool completely.
Once the cake is cool, mix the pudding mix and milk until smooth, and add a little MilkSplash to taste. Then gently fold that in and spread it over the entire cake.
Keep the cake refrigerated once you frost it. It’s a most delightful and refreshing dessert! It’s an orange cake creamsicle!
Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix prepared as directed in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan
- 1 14 oz can can condensed milk
- Orange Cream Dream MilkSplash
- 1 3.4 oz pkg vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz COOL WHIP
- Bake 13" x 9" x 2" cake according to box directions.
- When cake is done, poke holes all over the cake. (I use the handle of a wooden spoon.)
- Add Orange Cream Dream Milksplash to condensed milk to taste. Stir to combine well and pour over hot cake letting it seep into the poke holes.
- Let cake cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add Orange Cream Dream MilkSplash flavoring to taste. Gently fold in whipped topping until color is uniform. Spread evenly over cake.
- Keep refrigerated.