This post was inspired by SING movie, and is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
How can you not love a wonderful, funny, heartwarming film that inspires you to bake pig cupcakes and koala cupcakes in honor of its characters?
I loved SING so much when I saw it in the theater, that I decided to bring some of my favorite animal performers to life in cupcake-form.
I baked them just in time for a special family movie night viewing of our SING Special Edition Blu-ray. (It’s available now on Blu-ray & DVD!)
The pig cupcakes were inspired by Gunter and Rosita.
And the koala cupcakes were inspired by Buster.
The great music and superb cast of SING will have you laughing and singing along to more than 65 hit songs. The Golden Globe nominee for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song, SING features classic toe-tapping favorites and ‘Faith,’ a brand new song by the legendary Stevie Wonder (featuring Ariana Grande). It’s the first song he’s made for a major film release in 25 years.
You’ll also enjoy over 60-minutes of bonus content and musical extras, incorporating three all-new entertaining mini movies featuring the cast from SING and an exclusive Tori Kelly music video.
Pig and Koala Cupcakes
- 24 baked cupcakes I made mine with a boxed white cake mix
- 1 tub white frosting
- Food coloring
- Mini pastel-colored marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chips
- White candy melts
- Divide frosting in half. Color one half pink (one small drop red food coloring), and color other half gray (5 parts blue, 3 parts red, 1 part yellow). I suggest mixing the food coloring in a separate bowl and then adding it into frosting in tiny amounts until reaching desired shade.
- Frost 12 cupcakes with gray frosting, and 12 with pink frosting.
- To make pig cupcakes - Using a knife, cut a pink marshmallow diagonally to make two ears. Place on pig. Use a whole pink marshmallow for the nose. Add 2 mini chocolate chip eyes.
- To make koala cupcakes -Frost white candy wafers with gray frosting, and place into position as ears. Add two mini chocolate chip eyes and a jelly bean nose.
So pick up a copy of SING Special Edition on Blu-Ray/DVD, bake some SING cupcakes, and you’re ready for a fabulously fun family movie night!