This roasted butternut squash and apples recipe is a sponsored post and part of our Fall Flavors event.
It’s a delicious Autumn recipe features comforting fall flavors and spices in the perfect side dish for holidays (Thanksgiving is coming!) or every day.
Ingredients for roasted butternut squash and apples
- butternut squash
- brown sugar
- mace (can substitute nutmeg, or allspice)
How to make roasted butternut squash with apples
In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, melted butter, flour, salt, cinnamon and mace.
What is mace spice?
Mace (not related at all to the defensive spray) is made from the lacy outer covering of the nutmeg seed and has a more peppery flavor than sweet nutmeg.
Add butternut squash and apples to the bowl, tossing to completely coat. Pour into a prepared baking dish.
Cover and bake for about 1 hour or until squash and apples are fork-tender.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples
- 1 butternut squash peeled, cored, de-seeded and cubed
- 2 apples peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with baking spray.
- In large bowl, mix together brown sugar, melted butter, flour, salt, cinnamon and mace.
- Add squash and apples to the bowl, tossing to coat completely. Turn into baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour or until squash and apples are tender.
FALL FLAVORS GIVEAWAY
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Tuesday Fall Recipes
- Apple Pear Crisp by Family Around the Table
- Au Gratin Potatoes & Sunchokes by Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Pie Bombs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Caramel Apple Tea Doughnuts by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Gingered Pear Crumble Galette with Whipped Mascarpone by The Spiffy Cookie
- Green Apple Mule by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Herb Roasted Sunchokes by Blogghetti
- Make The Best Ever Southern Candied Yams Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- No-Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pear & Apple Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples by Eat Move Make
- Tea Brined Pork Tenderloin by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Apple Fritters by Frugal & Fit
Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Dixie Crystals, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own. The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.