I couldn’t let National Pizza Month slip by without making at least one homemade pizza, right? The answer is no way, especially since I had three varieties of Classico pizza sauce to work with. (They sent me a bunch of pizza pie goodness, y’all.)
I knew in a blink that I wanted to try the Classico White Pizza Sauce.
The thrill of the white pizza sauce!
I mean come on…look at it. It’s beautiful! When I gave it a taste, I picked up garlic and basil flavors the most, so I decided to create a pizza recipe that would not only enhance those flavors but complement them perfectly.
I made a Shrimp Scampi Pizza, oh yes, I did!
I chopped and sauteed some red pepper and set that aside. Then I sauteed some shrimp in a little butter and olive oil and added in a bit of minced garlic as well. I set it aside when it was done.
Next I spread about half a jar of the Classico White Pizza Sauce over the top of my pizza dough. (I bought a ball of fresh pizza dough at the grocery store.)
On top of the sauce, I layered Italian cheese, Roma tomatoes, shrimp, bacon and the red pepper.
Then I baked it at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
Pizza pie heaven, y’all. Every single bite.
It was my first time making pizza without a red sauce, but I’m telling you what. It sure won’t be my last!
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- Fresh pizza dough of choice
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 lb. peeled deveined shrimp, with tails removed
- 1 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Classico White Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend or more if you like more
- 3 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Roma tomato sliced thin
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- Saute red pepper for about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Saute shrimp in butter and olive oil over med-high heat for about 4 minutes, then add minced garlic and continue to saute for another couple of minutes. Set aside.
- Spoon Classico White Pizza Sauce over pizza crust; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle Italian Cheese mix over the pizza sauce.
- Add tomatoes, bacon, shrimp and red pepper on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees 25-30 minutes.