I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for the #FindYourHealthy campaign. I am being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
I am a newly minted nail care addict.
Two things happened recently that made me this way:
- I redid my budget to fit my new career and had to eliminate one of my greatest girly pleasures: my twice-monthly gel polish manicures.
- YouTube very coyly suggested the channel Simply Nailogical to me.
Simply Nailogical, better known as just “Simply” in YouTube land, does easy to follow nail art tutorials with riotously funny voiceovers that totally caught me off guard at first and quickly won me over. I have watched every one of her videos within a span of two weeks. Wish I were kidding.
DO U SEE THE PURPLE MAGIC??? DO U SEEEEEE ITTTTTAAAAA??✨ LEARN HOW TO SAFELY COLLECT AND APPLY UNICORN SKINS IN MY YOUTUBE? VID ?LINK IN BIO???? Details on what is the RIGHT kind of unicorn skin aka cellphone to use and what holographic top coat are all in my video with links in the video description box??? TAG A UNICORN FRIEND TO TRY THIS WITH?? ?Song: Kavinsky – Nightcall (Dustin N’Guyen Remix)?
She talks a lot about taking care of her hands and nails, which take a beating because she paints them so frequently. Her nail care needs and methods are definitely more involved than mine are, but I do paint my nails about once a week, which involves using harsh and drying acetone and makes for some sad, dry phalanges, especially as the weather gets colder.
I realized that while I was already taking a nail, skin, and nails supplement, that was pretty much where my nail care ended. So I set out to change that!
So I present to you my simple winter nail care routine. Everything I’m using can be found at the glorious CVS Pharmacy!
You can watch this video on mute if you’re at work and it will still make sense. 😉 I gotchu, boo.
- Remove any nail polish or nail strengthener you have on your nails. I used the kind in the tub with a built-in brush because it’s so easssssyyyyy.
- Use a cuticle pusher with a cuticle softening gel to gently push back your cuticles.
- Wipe off the residue with a paper towel.
- Use a cotton swab to apply tea tree oil all over the nails to disinfect and strengthen!
- Use a new cotton swab to apply vitamin E oil on the cuticles to moisturize.
- File your nails into the shape that tickles your fancy. I have been loving the trendy stiletto shape lately! I use this file.
- Wash your hands!
- Moisturize with a hand lotion specifically for nail health like this one.
Done! You can reapply the tea tree oil, cuticle oil, and hand cream daily! Try to use nail polish remover sparingly, if possible.
Like I mentioned, the products used in the video can be found at the delightful and ever-so-convenient CVS Pharmacy. <3 you, CVS.