These sloppy Joe bites are quick, easy and fun to make. They’re perfect for bringing kids into the kitchen so invite them in to make this twist on a classic sloppy Joe sandwich.
I love making sloppy Joe bites for an easy weeknight dinner recipe and since they’re pocket-sized bites, they also work perfectly as appetizers.
To make them, brown one-half pound of ground beef and mix with your favorite Sloppy Joe sauce. (It’s a-ok to use a sloppy Joe sauce straight from a can.)
Unroll a tube of crescent roll dough and pinch the seams together as best you can.
Cut the dough into 12 rectangular strips.
Work quickly because the dough gets stickier as it warms up.
Put a spoonful of meat sauce onto one half of each strip.
Then, fold the other half over it, lightly pinching the edges with a fork to seal. (If you like them bursting and bubbling out as I do, don’t worry about the perforations or sealing it perfectly!)
Bake at 375 degrees about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
They’re perfectly poppable right from the oven but if you wanna get even sloppier, you can drizzle some of your extra sauce over the top.
Or put some of that sauce in a bowl and dip and dunk.
Pin this Easy Sloppy Joe Bites recipe to Pinterest!
Sloppy Joe Bites
Celebrating National Sloppy Joe Day!
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sloppy Joe Bites from Eat Move Make
- Thanksgiving Sloppy Joes on Mashed Potato Waffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Delicious Sloppy Joes from Palatable Pastime
- Instant Pot Simple Sloppy Joes from Shockingly Delicious
- Asian-Style Sloppy Joes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Sloppy Joe Cups from Our Crafty Mom
- Sloppy Joe Casserole from Making Miracles
- Healthy Homemade Sloppy Joes from Our Good Life
- One Skillet Sloppy Joe Pasta from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes with Hoisin and Cilantro from The Spiffy Cookie
Easy Sloppy Joe Bites
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can sloppy joe sauce
- 2 8 oz refrigerated crescent dough containers
- 1/4 cup shredded Sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional: Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef. Mix in sloppy joe sauce and optional red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Unroll a tube of crescent dough into rectangle, pinching seams together as much as possible. Cut into 12 smaller rectangles. (Keep other tube in fridge until ready to use.)
- Add spoonful of sloppy joe mixture to edge of a rectangle. Sprinkle a little cheese on top. Working quickly, fold other half of dough over and crimp with fork tines to seal. Work on just one or two at a time so dough doesn't get too sticky. Place on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat with the other package of crescent roll dough. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining sloppy joe sauce for dipping.