There’s no better way to enjoy the tastes of summer than with farm stand favorites, and these strawberry lemon cheesecake bars take fresh strawberries to the next level.
With a few simple additions to a box of Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Bars mix, you’ll have an unforgettable dessert everyone will love.
The crust is partially baked and then topped with the lemon bar filling mix, a layer of graham crackers and some freshly sliced strawberries.
But wait, there’s even more yum to come…
A delectable cream cheese filling is spread on top of those strawberries, and then the goodness is popped back into the oven to bake.
A heavenly golden baked dessert awaits you after baking, but let it cool completely before cutting into squares.
Sift some powdered sugar over the top of the strawberry lemon cheesecake bars before serving, and enjoy!
The sweetness of the strawberries perfectly balances the tartness of the lemon filling.
Ready to make this delicious summer treat? Get the recipe here!
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 1 pkg Krusteaz Lemon Bars Mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 eggs divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 ½ sheets graham crackers
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease bottom and sides of 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Press crust mix firmly into bottom of pan. Bake 8 minutes; crust will be pale.
- Meanwhile, tir together water and 3 of the eggs until well blended. Add lemon filling mix and stir with a whisk until smooth. Allow to sit while crust is baking.
- Prepare filling by creaming together cream cheese and sugar. Add remaining egg and vanilla; blend until smooth; set aside.
- Stir filling mixture again and pour over hot crust. Place graham cracker sheets over the filling mixture.
- Carefully layer strawberry slices over graham crackers, balancing their placement on opposite sides to keep the graham cracker sheets level.
- Gently spoon and spread cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the strawberries.
- Bake 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely. Keep refrigerated.
- Just before serving, cut into bars and sift powdered sugar over the top. Add extra strawberry slices for garnish, if desired.