This blackberry bread pudding was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
I’m crazy about bread pudding! I love how the outside has a bit of crust but the inside is soft, warm and still sort of ooey, gooey pudding-ish. I especially love when there’s a topping to pour over it and make it even more decadent.
Exhibit A: my recipe for blackberry bread pudding. It’s soooo good!
Blackberry Bread Pudding
Scroll to the bottom for the blackberry bread pudding recipe!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- White Chocolate Espresso Cake with Caramel Espresso Buttercream from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Bee Sting Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Coffee Cake from A Blender Mom
- Tropical Summer Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Banana Pudding No Bake Cheesecake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cloud Dessert from Shockingly Delicious
- Homemade Blueberry Cream Cheese Danishes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Cherry Kolaches from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blackberry Bread Pudding from Eat Move Make
- White Cake with Vanilla Cherry Buttercream Icing from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Mildly Meandering
- Cherry Sweet Rolls from Comfortably Domestic
- Watermelon Slushies from The Domestic Kitchen
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Blackberry Bread Pudding
- 1 1-lb loaf Italian bread, cut into cubes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spray bottom of 11 x 6-inch baking pan (or similar size) with cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Put half of the bread cubes into the pan, top with half of the blackberries and half of egg mixture. Repeat the layers. Let stand 15-20 minutes to allow moisture to sink into bread cubes.
Bake until top begins to brown, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Serve warm. To add sweetness, drizzle with maple syrup, blackberry syrup or blackberry sauce just before serving.
Pin the blackberry bread pudding recipe for later!