I’m crazy about blackberry bread pudding! I love how the outside has a bit of crust but the inside is soft, warm and still sort of ooey, gooey pudding-ish. I especially love when there’s a topping to pour over it and make it even more decadent.
Exhibit A: my recipe for blackberry bread pudding. It’s soooo good!
Blackberry Bread Pudding
- 1 1-lb loaf Italian bread, cut into cubes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray bottom of 11 x 6-inch baking pan (or similar size) with cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Put half of the bread cubes into the pan, top with half of the blackberries and half of egg mixture. Repeat the layers. Let stand 15-20 minutes to allow moisture to sink into bread cubes.
- Bake until top begins to brown, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Serve warm. To add sweetness, drizzle with maple syrup, blackberry syrup or blackberry sauce just before serving.
Pin the blackberry bread pudding recipe for later!