This Red Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding is nearly too good to be true.
Served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, this soft and buttery croissant bread pudding recipe practically melts in your mouth.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Decadent, rich and buttery
- Easy to make!
- Perfect for brunch or a special breakfast
- Can be topped with fresh fruit
- Extra indulgent when served warm with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
- Red Raspberry Preserves – If I was serving this to guests, I’d probably use seedless raspberry preserves.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – For sweetness, creaminess, and moisture.
- Croissants – Leftover croissants are perfect. When they’re stale, they soak up the custard really well and you want that!
Tip: I use the croissants I get free with my Wildgrain box every month – the bread/bakery/pasta subscription box I keep raving about!
Step 1: Cut croissants in half lengthwise and spread each half with about 1 tablespoon of red raspberry preserves.
Step 2: Replace the tops, then cut into small strips. Place in square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Step 3: In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk, water, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon until blended. Pour over cut-up croissants, pressing larger pieces down into the liquid. Using small spoonfuls, dab the remaining preserves on top. Let set for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
Step 5: Before serving, scoop Red Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding into individual dishes. Heat ¼ cup raspberry preserves in the microwave until liquid (about 30 seconds). Drizzle over the bread pudding.
Step 6: Top with a whipped cream or ice cream dollop and serve immediately.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Best eaten within 3-4 days.
Yes, place it in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to a month. Don’t thaw and refreeze.
To reheat, place in an oven-safe dish and reheat at 350F for about 15 minutes or until warmed through. Drizzle warm preserves on top and garnish as desired.
More Dessert Recipes to Try
Red Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding
- 3 eggs
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup red raspberry preserves
- 4 extra large croissants
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8 X 8 glass baking dish (for 10 servings) or 11 X 14 glass baking dish (for 20 Servings) with no-stick cooking spray.
- Cut croissants in half lengthwise. Spread each half with about 1 tablespoon preserves. Replace tops. Cut into small strips. Place in prepared baking dish. Using small spoonful’s, dap remaining preserves on top.
- Whisk eggs. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk, water butter vanilla and cinnamon until blended. Pour over cut-up croissants. Press larger pieces down into the liquid. Let set 5 minutes.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, use ice cream scoop to transfer warm Red Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding to serving dishes.
- Heat ¼ cup of Red Raspberry Preserves in the microwave until it is liquid (about 1 minute). Drizzle over Red. Raspberry Croissant Bread pudding.
- Top off with a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately.