On weekends I love to make brunch recipes, so I made this kickin’ Tex-Mex breakfast bake recipe for the family the other day. The kick comes from some chiles and a little cayenne pepper, and you can turn that up a notch or down a notch according to taste.
The reduced acid gives it such a smooth, mild, delicious taste, and just like the other Simply Orange varieties, it’s never sweetened, never concentrated and never frozen. It goes great with this Tex-Mex breakfast bake recipe, but it’s also perfect in a glass on its own.
Tex-Mex Breakfast Bake
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 12 eggs beaten
- 4 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 16- oz carton cottage cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush melted butter on bottom and sides of a 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in cheeses, flour and salt. Stir in tomatoes. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 50 – 60 minutes, or until set and golden on top.