Compensation was provided by Pure Leaf via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Pure Leaf.
The arrival of warm sunny days has me wanting to enjoy them with the people I love the most. There’s something so special about sitting outside with family and friends enjoying great food, cool drinks and lots of stories and laughs.
I almost always serve BBQ something-or-other at my get-togethers too, but it might not always appear how you’d expect. One of my favorite recipes is for these western cowboy burritos with ground beef, bacon, beans, and a satisfying BBQ sauce. Delicious!
I serve these western cowboy burritos with plenty of sweet tea, and if you’d told me five years ago that my outdoor gatherings would include sweet tea, I would have scoffed at the suggestion. However, when a northern girl goes southern, what tastes good goes southern too… apparently.
And I love a good sweet tea.
Bless my heart.
Plus, BBQ goes down soooo good with an icy cold glass of Pure Leaf Tea, making the whole experience all the more enjoyable.
Western Cowboy Burritos
- 1 lb ground hamburger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce your favorite
- 1 pkg pre-cooked bacon about 3 slices per burrito
- Flour tortillas 8-inch
- 1 cup baked beans heated (use your favorite flavor. I used BBQ baked beans)
- 1/2 cup French Fried onions
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- BBQ sauce
- Brown ground beef and while it's browning, add in the garlic powder and black pepper. When fully cooked, drain, and return to pan. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, red wine vinegar and BBQ sauce; mix and set aside.
- Heat tortilla on flat skillet, then place on cookie sheet. Lay bacon strips on tortilla, about 2 ounces meat sauce, 2 tablespoons baked beans drained well, 1 tbsp French fried onions, and 2 tbsp pepper jack cheese.
- Roll burrito. Drizzle BBQ sauce over top, sprinkle pepper jack cheese on top of burrito. Bake 3-5 minutes in 425 degree oven.
Pure Leaf is a premium iced tea brewed from real tea leaves picked at their freshest. For recipes, tea tips and daily inspiration, visit PureLeaf.com